Welcome...

My photo
I am a smart, beautiful, successful Belizean creole. I was born in Vancouver, BC, Canada and now call Scarborough, Ontario, Canada home. I am mixed with african, indian, scottish and who knows what else. July 2008 I decided to go permanently natural. Beside my obsession with my natural hair, I am a hand knit and crochet artist. I am passionate about Jesus and I love to run, walk, yoga, read, crossword puzzles, news and sports. While visiting, stop by my Etsy shops www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Friday, December 3, 2010

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year


We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Christmas to me mean pure JOY *Celebrating the birth of The Lord Jesus Christ *Enjoying Family, Friends and Food. It's does not matter how you celebrate make it something special with the people that you LOVE and be SAFE for the Holidays!!!

*Joyful News*

Short Break

I will be taking a break to hang out with my family in Florida Yeah!!! for my niece Diana Paola's graduation. I will be back on December 15th. For all my Toronto friends and clients, please feel free to call me and visit anytime after I'm back 416-828-5895.

Boxing Day Sales

Please look out for my Etsy 15% OFF EVERYTHING Boxing Day Sale that will start on December 25th at midnight and continue until January 1st at midnight. www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Events Update

Now until end of January 2011 - The Purple Thumb, location in the Beaches located at 1887 Queen Street East @ Woodbine is now housing my knit and crochet items.

A Christmas Showcase at Retirement Suites by the Lake went amazing. I invited my friend Dawn to accompany me and bring along her own knitting and crochet items. It was a beautiful day and spending time with seniors made the day very pleasant. I was invited back to do a Valentine Showcase and an Easter Showcase.

A Christmas Shopping Spree was more a networking event than an actual shopping spree. I did very well and got some amazing contacts and a few custom orders. Most of my neighbours walked away disappointed with little or no sales.

Knit Denise Kits

2 Kits remaining!!!! This will make a perfect Christmas Gift for the Knitter in your life!
Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Kit http://bit.ly/90k1ZW

Facebook

The Joy of Knitting is on Facebook and now has 54 friends and 62 likes, please feel free to join or share with your friends http://on.fb.me/TheJoyofKnittingonFB let me know if you like?

*Joyful Tips*

This is a huge pet peeve for most people that love to wear knitted garments and accessories.

How to Reduce Pilling on a Knitted Garment

****Drop 2 or 3 drops of glycerine in the water for a complete cycle in the washing machine, if it's wash by hand, only 1 drop, no more because it's greasy!

****Glycerine gives back softness to the yarn and you can use in with fabrics too but! NEVER DRY BY MACHINE!!! It will stick and make all your efforts useless.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you friends and family for supporting me and buying my items and for ordering customized items over the month of November, your business is much appreciated!

Please do not delete this email, share the JOY with someone you Love...

Thank you for Reliving the JOY!

Blessings!

Lady Dylana

No comments:

Post a Comment