Welcome...

My photo
I am a smart, beautiful, successful Belizean creole. I was born in Vancouver, BC, Canada and now call Scarborough, Ontario, Canada home. I am mixed with african, indian, scottish and who knows what else. July 2008 I decided to go permanently natural. Beside my obsession with my natural hair, I am a hand knit and crochet artist. I am passionate about Jesus and I love to run, walk, yoga, read, crossword puzzles, news and sports. While visiting, stop by my Etsy shops www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Saturday, November 6, 2010

November is HERE!!!

November is already here! Frost on the ground, freezing rain, my oh my, we sure are prepping for Winter.

It is unbelievable that there is only a little over a month left to Christmas and then we will soon be celebrating 2011.

Tonight we fall back and get a wonderful, glorious extra hour of sleep, woot woot!

Lots going on for The Joy of Knitting this month....

*Joyful News*

Knit Denise Kit
This will make a perfect Christmas Gift for the Knitter in your life!
Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Kit http://bit.ly/90k1ZW

Just Listed
...in my Etsy shop, unisex crochet mittens, just in time for Winter or as a Christmas gift, feel free to order in what colour you prefer http://bit.ly/9nF1Hl






Facebook
The Joy of Knitting is on Facebook and now has 47 friends and 51 likes, please feel free to join or share with your friends http://on.fb.me/TheJoyofKnittingonFB let me know if you like?

Custom Orders
I have extended my custom order service and will now be taking orders for Christmas gifts up until December 3rd.

Upcoming Shopping & Events

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: Now until November 30
Location: The Purple Thumb (in Toronto's Fashion District)
652 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario M6J 1E5
My knitted and crochet items - hats, scarves, shawls, mittens, fingerless gloves, headbands!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date & Time: November 20 - 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event: A Christmas Shopping Spree
Location: CG`s Hideaway - Restaurant and Banquet Facilities. A place where everyone knows your name!
(It's the Police Association Building. Entrance is at the back through glass doors)
180 Yorkland Blvd (Sheppard & 404)
Toronto, Ontario M2J 1R5

Please contact me if you would like free passes, will mail out if we cannot connect before this date.
Tickets will be $10.00 at the door.
Visit the website for more information: > http://achristmasshoppingspree.webs.com/about.htm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date & Time: November 24 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Event: A Christmas Showcase
Location: Retirement Suites by the Lake
2121 Kingston Road (Danforth and Kingston Rd)
Toronto, Ontario M1N 1T5

I will be showcasing and selling my knit and crochet items at Retirement Suites by the Lake.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Joyful Tips*

- Use a high quality liquid detergent, specially designed for knitwear.
- 100% Wool should always be dry cleaned.
- Only wash wool blends, and wash by hand or choose handwash on your machine settings.
- To remove excess water roll in a fluffy towel and squeeze gently, or you can do a gentlle short spin.
- Dry flat on a towel away from direct heat and sunlight, this will ensure it does not lose its shape. Never hang your sweaters on hangers.
- Wash separately, never wash knits with other material this will make your knits pill.
- Once you remove the sweater from the spin cycle, it is important to reshape it while it is still damp.

Thank you friends and family for all the custom orders over the October month, your business is much appreciated!

Please do not delete this email, share the JOY with someone you Love...

Thank you for Reliving the JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment