Welcome...

My photo
I am a smart, beautiful, successful Belizean creole. I was born in Vancouver, BC, Canada and now call Scarborough, Ontario, Canada home. I am mixed with african, indian, scottish and who knows what else. July 2008 I decided to go permanently natural. Beside my obsession with my natural hair, I am a hand knit and crochet artist. I am passionate about Jesus and I love to run, walk, yoga, read, crossword puzzles, news and sports. While visiting, stop by my Etsy shops www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Product Review - Avon Techniques Shine Treatment for all hair types...

My oh my, I have not written about my natural hair in a minute.  I want to take this time today to write about my natural hair.

I am not fussy about my hair, I am willing to try anything at least once, I am not really a product junkie as such and I try not to spend too much money on hair products.

My hair regime is simple.  I use natural stuff to deep condition and I do this at least once a month.  Honey, shea butter, natural coconut oil mixed all together and applied to my hair.  I then wear a plastic shower cap for at least a day.  If I need to face the public in that 24 hours, I wear one of my knitted or crochet hats Dylana Designs .  After I wash out and style as usual. For my weekly hair upkeep I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HEHH) to wash and shampoo my hair, I wash and rinse and then condition and rinse with HEHH.  My routine is either wash and go, twists, roller set or straighten (which I do maybe 3 times a year). I use a little HEHH with shea oil or coconut oil while my hair is wet.  I only add products to my hair when it's wet.  I wash my hair once or twice a week depending on how it look and feel.  I realize something early on when I went natural; natural hair must not be fussed with.  It needs as little harassing as possible for it to look beautiful and to grow in leaps and bounds.

I am not doing an ad for Avon here, my intent was to share with my natural hair girlies my review of Avon Techniques Shine Treatment for all hair types. I used it after I did my condition condition process and although the directions said to wash out after 1 to 3 minutes I left it in my hair and did a twist.  Today is day two and I took out my twists and I love the touch and feel of my hair it is incredible.  For only $3.99 my hair is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment