Welcome...

My photo
I am a smart, beautiful, successful Belizean creole. I was born in Vancouver, BC, Canada and now call Scarborough, Ontario, Canada home. I am mixed with african, indian, scottish and who knows what else. July 2008 I decided to go permanently natural. Beside my obsession with my natural hair, I am a hand knit and crochet artist. I am passionate about Jesus and I love to run, walk, yoga, read, crossword puzzles, news and sports. While visiting, stop by my Etsy shops www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign

 October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and my wish is to donate $500.00 to the Canadian Cancer Society by making as much PINK Handwarmers as I need to crochet.


My ads are on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterest.

I will dedicate as much time as I can to promote a PINK item from my shop to support Breast Cancer Awareness.

 Let me tell you a true story:

When I first got diagnosed with RPS Sarcoma, 8 years ago.  Carlos worked with a guy and when Carlos told him about me, he told Carlos to come over on Friday and hang out with my wife and I. We not knowing at the time that his wife had been battling breast cancer for a couple years.  She greeted me with the biggest hug and kiss and I immediately felt that I had known her forever.  Over the course of the next six months we met with this wonderful couple and a few other occasions and no matter how sick she felt you would never know it because she was always bubbly and hugging and kissing and had the biggest smile ever for us. She told us she was in remission and was getting ready to have reconstructive surgery due to her double mastectomy. We got the call on a Monday to say she had passed away.  Apparently she was not feeling well the Sunday morning when she got up and had a scheduled CT-scan at the hospital and decided to go early with her family tagging along.  She felt so sick in the hospital waiting to be called for her appointment, When he asked that a doctor come out and look after her. The doctor had her wheeled into the ER.  After almost an hour the doctor came out to tell him and their two young girls that she did not make it.  You see I am not sure when her cancer came back and how bad it was but I know that is what ended her life. I want you to realize that SHE is the one that made me feel that I will live another day and that no matter how bad you think you have it that there is always someone who need your help! Her bright smile and loving arms was just what I needed when I saw her and she made me feel that nothing was impossible and that things will surely get better. (I did not use my friends names to protect their privacy but they know who they are)

I believe that with the love of God and my family and friends I have survived to walk in the land of the living for many more years. And when I work hard to contribute to a cause I truly believe in it's because of HER that I know I can do it!

Please share this with all your loved ones, I am looking forward to making as much handwarmers as I need to make to reach my goal.


Link to Women Handwarners: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/164923111/women-crochet-handwarmers-breast-cancer?ref=shop_home_active

Link to Child/Girls Handwarmers: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/164923171/child-crochet-handwarmers-breast-cancer?ref=shop_home_active

Lady Dylana is everywhere:

mailto:ladydylana@aol.com
Tumblr: www.thejoyofknitting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment