Welcome...

My photo
I am a smart, beautiful, successful Belizean creole. I was born in Vancouver, BC, Canada and now call Scarborough, Ontario, Canada home. I am mixed with african, indian, scottish and who knows what else. July 2008 I decided to go permanently natural. Beside my obsession with my natural hair, I am a hand knit and crochet artist. I am passionate about Jesus and I love to run, walk, yoga, read, crossword puzzles, news and sports. While visiting, stop by my Etsy shops www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns and www.etsy.com/shop/thejoyofknitting

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April


 

***Joyful News***

Spring has Sprung and I am so ready for the freshness of the season. My most exciting news is finding Yvonne’s Coffee Haus to host my workshops. With Spring comes Easter, Mother’s Day, tulips, daffodils, Blue Jays and the list goes on. I am always so enthusiastic about Spring as this is when I make all my new year resolutions. My main resolution to start off the season is to eat healthier, get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, keep walking, going to yoga, and my most important plan for this season is to buy a new bicycle.

Mother’s Day Gift Ideas






News & Events

April Sale of the Month... 10% OFF Accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/dylanadesigns?section_id=7919985

Saturday, April 16th - Noon til 5:00pm
Easter Open House
Yvonne’s Coffee Haus
98 Island Road
Scarborough, Ontario
Directions and Map: Yvonne's Coffee Haus

Saturday, April 30th - 10:00am til 4:00pm
The Toronto Etsy Street Team (TESTy) Spring Craft Show presented by Shop Cats
The Gladstone Hotel Ballroom
1214 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario
Directions and Map: Gladstone Hotel

Knitting and Crochet Workshops

Please call me 416-828-5895 if you are interested in attending my knit or crochet workshops starting in the next couple weeks.

Website

I made some cosmetic changes to my website www.thejoyofknitting.com , check it out!!!!

Facebook

The Joy of Knitting on Facebook now has 100 likes, please feel free to join or share with your friends http://on.fb.me/TheJoyofKnittingonFB let me know if you like?

Twitter

Follow me on Twitter @LadyDylana I am always looking for more Tweeties.

Blog

Check out my last blog, I would love to receive your honest feedback. http://ladydylanabelize.blogspot.com/

Facebook, blogging and tweeting keep me very busy every day. I do realize that it’s a necessary part of my business.

Custom Orders

As always this is a reminder that customization is a huge part of my business and I am always open to work with you on your own style and design.

***Joyful Tips***

Q & A this month is for the knitter in you...

Q. How do I make a buttonhole?
A. Knit to the point where the buttonhole will be placed.
Slip the first stitch on the left needle as if to knit.
Move the yarn to the front of the work and leave it there. Slip the next stitch from the left needle to the right needle as if to knit. Pass the first slipped stitch over the second slipped stitch and off the needle. Repeat until you have bound off the number of required stitches for the buttonhole.
Slip the last stitch from the right needle back to the left needle. Turn. Bring the yarn to the front of the work. At the edge where the buttonhole was begun, cast on the number of stitches you bound off plus one additional stitch. The twisted purlwise cast on is a good choice. Turn. Slip the first stitch from the left needle to the right needle as if to knit. Pass the extra cast on stitch over the next stitch; then slip this stitch back to the left needle.

Q. How do I do an invisible seam?
A. If your garment is worked in stockinette stitch; insert the yarn needle under the horizontal bar between the first and second stitches. Insert the needle into the corresponding bar on the other piece. Pull the yarn gently until the sides meet. Continue alternating from side to side.

Thank you friends and family for all the custom orders over the month of March, your business is much appreciated!

Share the JOY with someone you Love...

Thank you for Reliving the JOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment